So this week has been awesome! I got in on Tuesday and met with the mission pres. & the assistants for my orientation. I was the only one there so it was kind of a crash course orientation. We went out to lunch to a bbq place called Spring Creek, pretty good. After that it was off to meet my companion! We live in an apartment out behind a members house, it's pretty small but nice. We were one day off of breaking the all time record for consecutive days over 100 degrees. So ya it's been pretty hot around here. Anyways my companions name is Elder Whittier, he's pretty cool. He's been out about 19 and 1/2 months, so he knows what he's doing. I'm serving in the Joshua area, which is like all country. We are a car/bike area. Elder Whittier had spent the last three weeks in another area, and the missionaries before him didn't work the area very hard, so we had 0 investigators when I got out here. We have tracted every day, probably knocked on over 200 doors. We've gotten some return appointments, and the people are really nice for the most part. They'll at least listen to us before saying no, and give us water when it's super hot. I haven't really taught a real lesson yet, but we have an appointment tonight so hopefully we can get one tonight. Almost everyone in my MTC district has had a baptism or has a baptism date already. The members out here are super nice. The ward is pretty small. I'm excited to be out here serving and gettin this area back in shape!
Happy late birthday mom! Sorry there was no phone call on tuesday, I was alone and freaked out in the airport and just wanted to get to my luggage, and was met by pres. & sister Sagers as soon as I got there, and they never said anything about me calling.
-Elder Jardine
No comments:
Post a Comment