Brennen is serving in the Fort Worth Texas Mission. I thought it would be easier to post his letters here, than try to remember to send them all out.
Elder Jardine
Tuesday, October 25, 2011
Bapism
There were two baptisms this week!!! But only one of them was a convert baptism . Our now recent convert Renee, was baptized tuesday, then we went to our ward mission leaders grandaughters baptism friday. It was good that we showed up because otherwise there wouldn't have been enough priesthood holders there! I conducted that meeting, and was a witness. With Renee's baptism I gave a talk on the holy ghost and Elder Whittier baptized her. She is doing awesome. Renee is Chris's (our first convert) mom, and the dad is acting like he's not interested, but we know he is. The baptisms were basically the only good thing this week, it's been a really slow week. To answer mom's question, the chicken coop we cleaned out last week was for a member, not an investigator, two different people. We did stop by the guy who's chicken coop we helped build and we found out that the storm that blew in last week knocked down the walls! So all our work went to waste. OH yesterday we had a member of the seventy, Elder David Baxter, come and give us a training! That's why our p-day is today and not yesterday. It was awesome. He talked about the doctrine of christ, shared his conversion story with us, and showed us some role plays on getting people to read the Book of Mormon. Half of the zones in the mission were there so I got to see a lot of the missionaries that came out with me. I found out that three of them are training already which is crazy! So ya that was our week, baptisms and trainings from the Seventy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment