Elder Jardine

Elder Jardine

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Transfers

So the big news is (drumroll).............. Elder Whittier and I are both staying in Joshua!!! It's pretty exciting I know lol. The address is the same and everything so feel free to start sending stuff, and yes I would like the stuff for pumpkin pancakes, we can make them on our hot plate :). So last monday I owned everyone at hearts with a score of like 75... ya it was interesting. Then tuesday we went on a comp. exchange and the missionary I was with is even newer then me, and is also a convert from Clearfield, Utah, but don't worry everything was fine. We did some tracting then taught a bomb Word of Wisdom lesson to Chris Brower's mom. speaking of which, SHE'S GETTING BAPTIZED TOMORROW!!!! it's going to be so sweet, Elder Whittier is baptizing her. Her husband, son, and daughter-in-law were all at church sunday so basically by the time I leave Joshua they're all going to be baptized. Anyways so wednesday morning we did some service for a member. We raked out his chicken coop and tilled up his garden. He showed us his food/supply storage, and that family is not fooling around. they have some intense stuff. After we did service we switched back companions and Elder Whittier and I went to a less-active members house for dinner. She hosts exchange students;one of them is going out to Logan to finish school because there were some problems here, and the other one is asking us a lot of questions about the church, so we gave them both a book of mormon to read. Thursday we played volleyball at the church, and I took a volleyball to the face, dont worry it didn't mess up my pretty face though.  Friday we taught the foster family in our ward again, and they are probably my favorite members. They're all just so nice and eager to learn. Saturday we helped some members move into their new home, taught the Browers, and made tacos. Then sunday we went to church and all that good stuff. I taught the gospel principles lesson on the creation, which is very hard to teach for 45 min. So ya that was our week, and mom you should definitaly send the package this week, or at least email the addresses... just sayin.
 
I love and miss you all
  Elder Jardine

No comments:

Post a Comment