Elder Jardine

Elder Jardine

Monday, November 21, 2011

Board Week! (week Pres. Sagers decides where everyone is going for transfers)

So this last week has been ok. After we emailed monday we headed over to an investigators house for lunch and he talked about how all religions are corrupt and they people united are the way Jesus wants it, even though Jesus set up a church, but we've all got our agency. Monday evening we taught a new investigator the restoration, which went well, but we haven't been able to see her since. tuesday we went up to Fort Worth for district meeting, then tracted all day. Wednesday we made bread :). Elder Whittier had a home made bread recipe and we had to try it, the bread is delicious! He says we made it wrong though because it's kind of crumbly. thursday we helped the member we live with spread a bunch of gravel onto the bridge behind his house so that he could have a hay ride back there. Friday we were supposed to meet with our new investigator who we taught monday again, but she wasn't home. So it was another day full of tracting. Friday evening though we met with our recent convert Renee, and taught her about temple work, which she was stoked for! It's so awesome to see her excitement about everything with the gospel. We also left her husband the commitment to read the Book of Mormon, and we're going over there tonight to have a lesson with just him so we'll see what happens. Saturday there was a ward social at the members house who we live with. It was a Hoo-Hah! It was out in this huge shed/barn where he keeps all of his random stuff, (which we got to clean out last week :P). There was lots of good food, line dancing (yes I line danced), and another member even brought his soft serve ice cream machine! It was a lot of fun. So that was saturday evening, saturday afternoon we went to the Browers house and celebrated Brittni, Chris, and Elder Whittier's birthdays. They're all about a week away from each other so we combined them all. It's going to be really hard to leave the Browers when I'm transfered, they're an awesome family. Sunday we taught an investigator Gracie. She is actually the Burleson elders investigator but she comes to the Joshua ward so both companionships have been teaching her. She is being baptized this thursday! It was awesome when we met her because she walked up to us at church and told us that she wanted to be baptized. Easiest person to find ever lol. today we went over to a members house and worked out. Since I got to Joshua we've gone over there like 6 times, and I've gone from maxing at about 100 lbs, to 122. Not a huge amount, but I'm impressed with myself. We also did some boxing, and I boxed one of the Burleson elders.

So mom said that she was going to get a christmas package together early so I figured I should tell you what I want. Can you send me my green and black volcom (I think) hat, a pair of my jeans, and get me another pair of black pants please. As to the jacket, a missionary left his jacket at the appartment, so I've inheirited that jacket, so I don't need one. Oh and with my birthday, not to sound like I'm looking for stuff, but with presents how do you feel about celebrating my half birthday? So instead of in december I'd get stuff at the end of June. let me know.
   That's all I've got this week
       Love, Elder Jardine

No comments:

Post a Comment