This has been a great week! Wednesday Elder Ramage got down here, and he came ready to work! We're at a low point right now with investigators, but that will change very soon. Sherrell we haven't been able to get in contact with, but we'll keep working on her. Between saturday and sunday we found 9 potential baptisms from part-member families! I haven't worked with part-member families very much on my mission, but Elder Ramage has, so I'm excited to be able to learn from his experiences. My district consists of the Waco 2nd ward elders, the Mexia elders, and the Spanish sisters. It's pretty crazy to go from junior companion to district leader, but I'm excited and grateful for the call to serve. To answer mom's question, I have been in Waco for a while, like 4 months, but they can still move me even though I'm a district leader. There are about 3 district leaders per zone, and there are 10 zones in the mission, so plenty of places to be.
So we've pretty much just been finding this week, so I don't have any specifics to share except for a cool story a semi-active member told us when we visited her sunday. She siad that she was talking to her nonmember husband and she was like "Honey, why aren't you a mormon?" and he said "Because you haven't asked me!" How sweet is that! Ya we're definitally going to be following up on that and start teaching them. The Lord is preparing the people in the Hewitt area and we just need to find them!
Elder Ramage is from Seattle, Washington. He has been out a little under a year. He spent 2 years at BYU before he came on a mission. He's a great guy and an awesome missionary. We're ready to do work! walk, bike, car, whatever it takes! Oh man I just love this work!!!
Have a great week, Love y'all
Elder Jardine
No comments:
Post a Comment