Elder Jardine

Elder Jardine

Friday, January 11, 2013

Jan 2, 2013


So before I forget I got my Christmas package. I think it got to us Christmas eve, but we didn't think that there would be any mail so we never checked, plus the office closed early so we didn't get the packages until wednesday morning. Thank you for all of my jordan gear! I'm pretty convinced that my basketball shorts and swag don't come cheap shirt made me play better in volleyball on monday :P. I sent y'all a late Christmas present on monday so be looking for it probably in a few days.
 
So Larry was baptized saturday!!! It was super cool. His wife is a member and so is all of her family, so one of Larry's brother-in-laws was able to baptize him, and his father-in-law confirmed him in sacrament the next day. Our Mission President came to the baptism as well, which was pretty neat. We also met this miracle new investigator named Jason. He was being taught by the missionaries in Houston, had a baptismal date for last saturday, but 3 weeks ago had to move in with his  parents because he lost his job and has no money. He has a super solid testimony though and is going to be baptized January 12th! We were also able to meet with Raul and Tiffany again on sunday. They are doing good and it was cool to see the spirit work within them because they came prepared for the lesson. We taught the Plan of Salvation and they had read part of the Plan of Salvation pamphlet that we had left with them the last time. Because they had already read the the information wasn't so foreign to them, they were able to comprehend and understand more because it wasn't new. It was a pretty neat experience.
 
Right now I'm on exchange with Elder Ford and he's awesome. We worked his area after district meeting yesterday, and this morning a little bit, and are going to switch back in about an hour and a half. With it being the new year I've been thinking about some goals I could work on throughout the end of my mission and the rest of this year. Having known me for the last 21 years, what is one thing that you hoped would change about me having served a mission? If there was only one more thing I could change about myself pre mission to post mission, what would that one thing be? let me know, I'm curious to see what y'all say.
 
Umm... I think that's it for the week. I love y'all and have a blessed week!
 
  Love, Elder Jardine

No comments:

Post a Comment