Elder Jardine

Elder Jardine

Friday, January 11, 2013

Jan 7


This has been a pretty good week. Our miracle investigator Jason is totally ready for baptism! He was interviewed sunday and passed! Elder Young (another missionary) said that it was the most incredible interview that he's ever had. He is working on his smoking addiction, but has the most real intent that I have ever seen, so I know he'll quit. His baptism is January 12th. We're going to be sure to keep daily contact with him because I'm sure that satan is going to work hard on him this week.
We also met with Samantha this week. Samantha is really cool. We read 2nd Nephi 31 with her this week and taught about baptism and receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost. She loves the spirit that we bring into her home, but so far she hasn't kept the commitments that we've left with her. We've only taught her a few times, so we're not super worried about it, but the thought is still there.
Elder Lovato and I decided to loose weight so I've made a new years resolution to loose 2 lbs. a week for the rest of my mission. If I pull that off I'll lose almost 50 lbs. and be the best looking guy ever! :P I'm still waiting for some crazy Texas remedy for baldness, because it's only gotten worse while I've been on my mission. It's ok though because while I was in Waco someone told me that bald guy were hot, so I guess it works.
Transfers are this week, so if you have anything to send me like that photo album... either mail it today or tomorrow or wait until next week because I think I'm leaving, but not 100% sure.
 
Have a great week
Love, Elder Jardine

No comments:

Post a Comment