so transfers are this week and... (drum roll)......................... .............................. ... Elder Johnson and I are both staying!! Pretty climactic huh? lol. Anyways this has been a long week. So Elder Johnson is the district leader and he's over like 4 other companionships and he found out tuesday that most people in the district don't like him very much. So we got to deal with that this week. I've decided that I would either make a really good therapist or a terrible one, I'm not sure how it's all supposed to work. Also on tuesday we had a lesson with Annette, and decided to drop her. She doesn't understand the need for the Book of Mormon or a prophet, or why God's authority needed to be restored, and we've tried explaining it multiple times and many different ways but she just isn't willing to do anything to see if it's true. Thursday we had another lesson with the less-active Josh, we had a lesson prepared on how the gospel can help further bless his life, and all we were going to commit him to was to pray and read the Book of Mormon every day, and by the time we got to commitments the spirit was super strong and he was in serious debate on whether or not he was coming to church. He ended up not, but that fact that he even thought about it is a huge improvement. His girlfriend seems genuinely interested so we're hoping that she will boost him into coming back to church. We have another appointment with them this week which I'm pretty excited about. We also have an appointment with Stacy who I talked about last week. I'm super excited for that and I'm pretty sure we're going to be able to set a baptism date with her tomorrow! Tell Madi to check the mail because I sent her a card like a week ago. OH GUESS WHAT It snowed here last night!!!!!!!! I'm really glad that it didn't stick though because I did not want to have to bike in the snow. It was ridiculous though. A member told us that it was colder in Texas saturday then it was in Utah! This wheather is getting ridiculous! I like it though. Anyways that's about it have a good week!
Love, Elder Jardine
No comments:
Post a Comment