Elder Jardine

Elder Jardine

Monday, July 30, 2012

July 16

this has been an awesome week!! Tuesday we went on exchange with the Zone Leaders and I went with Elder Brown. I was hoping to get to go with him because I don't know him very well, and exchanges are a great way to get to know someone. We worked in his area, found some cool people, and 1 new investigator. Wednesday we switched back in the morning and Elder Nance and I taught a new investigator named Brian that him and Elder Warburton had found the day before. Brian is pretty sweet. He has a sincere desire to do what is right, and is trying to figure out what that is. We also taught Travis and Bryanna, and they're pretty much in the same spot. Wednesday afternoon we were out tracting and this older hispanic lady answered the door holding a blanket over her, and from the chest up we could tell that she was wearing no clothes. It was kind of awkward but we contacted her anyways and got a return appointment! We went back sunday to teach her, and this time she was wearing clothes :P. She talkes a lot about random things so we're going to have to control the conversation. Saturday morning was the groundbreaking ceremony for the new Waco Stake Center, which was super cool! A member spoke about the history of the church in the Waco area, then the Mayor of Hewitt spoke and proclaimed July 14, 2012 Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints day! in Hewitt at least :D. Saturday after I replaced the battery in the spanish sisters car. That was exciting. I unloosed one part to much and it took us forever to get it back on when we put the new battery in. Saturday night we had an awesome tracting experience! We tracted into a lady named Adrian. At first she said that she was baptist and not really wanting to change, but we talked to her more and she let us come in and teach her. We taught a great restoration lesson, and she's just like Joseph Smith. She had always wondered what church was right, and had never been able to find one. We testified about the priesthood being restored and there being a prophet on ther earth, and when we taught about the Book of Mormon she told us that she was excited to start reading it, and was going to that same night! Super epic!!! Sunday we found 2 new part member families! We'll have to start working on them and complete their family! We also taught Silvia, who I already talked about. We have return appointments with all of our investigators this week and we're going to set baptism dates with them all!!! And then everyone in Hewitt, then Lorena, then Mcgreggor, then Eddy, then Bruceville, then Moody, then Woodway, Then we'll go out of our area and baptize all of Texas!!! That's the goal for this week at least.
 
The pants that you ordered, was it 1 pair or 2? I sent a pic of 2 different pair, but I'm not sure if I told you that. Let me know. Also the schools that I have been thinking about are: U of U, USU, Weber, University of Washington, and that's about it. I don't have to much of a desire to go to BYU, but if they want to give me scholarships then I'll totally go! But ya with the Weber state, it would probably just be for like the first year, get some generals out of the way, and save some cash. And Hayden that's sweet that you're still in football, are you still working at the theater? or did you quit for football?
 
Anyways Love y'all!
   Elder Jardine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment