Elder Jardine

Elder Jardine

Monday, July 30, 2012

June 18 - Transfer Week

And drumroll.....................................................................................
.....................................................................................................................................................................
Elder Nance and I are both staying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We're pretty excited. they are redoing the districts, so we're gonna have a whole new district to work with!! It's going to be awesome. This has been a good week. Monday we watched the restoration with Katie, and talked about the Book of Mormon. Tuesday we went on exchange with the zone leaders and Elder Warburton and I had an interesting lesson with a boy named Johnathon. He is super awesome and has a desire to be baptized, but when we got there he had called his dad saying that he wanted to move out of his moms home. There was a lot of other stuff to lead up to it, but unfortunately he moved and is no longer in the picture. We did all we could to teach him how we will receive guidance through the spirit, which is about all we could do for him at that point. Wednesday morning Elder Nance and Berghout had a lesson with a new investigator that they found tuesday afternoon and she is super awesome! I met her sunday night and she just has a good feeling around her. Wednesday evening we had another lesson with Katie and taught the Gospel of Jesus Christ. We focused on baptism and when we invited her she said that if she came to know the Book of Mormon was true she would be baptized. thursday we went on kind of an emergency exchange with some elders who have been having some companionship problems. We were able to talk with them individually while working and hopefully help them both out. I was in their area and we taught an awesome lesson on receiving answers from the Holy Ghost to a couple who they are teaching. They're prepared and just need to decide whether him moving out, or them getting married is the right choice before baptism. Saturday we were on bikes all day, it was great! I'm pretty sure I sweat off about 6 pounds, then put on 4 by drinking water. Sunday Samantha and Marc made it to sacrament meeting! No investigators though. We did have a really good lesson with a less-active family who wants to start coming back to church! That's about it for the week. I know that this is the work of the Lord. I love y'all and have a great week!
 
love, Elder Jardine

No comments:

Post a Comment