Elder Jardine

Elder Jardine

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

June 3


Glad to know that y'all are still alive, I was starting to wonder after having not heard from y'all in so long! haha just messing around.
 
This week has been pretty good. Tuesday I went on exchange with Elder Nagel. We walked all day and I got some huge blisters on my feet! It's the first time that I've gotten blisters on my mission, and they're duezzies (sp?). One of them has popped, but I'm still waiting on the other one. Elder Nagel is a super good missionary though. We talked to everyone and were able to teach a lot of people. It was a fun exchange.
Wednesday I had my first district meeting of the transfer. It went pretty well I think. I tried to do a lot of short things do keep things moving and interesting. I trained on working with members and increasing our vision from baptizing monthly to baptizing weekly. With an increase in faith and proper goal setting it's gonna happen!
Friday we went on another exchange, this time I was with Elder Beckstrand in my area. That was also a lot of fun. Elder Beckstrand is a gamer too, and has served around a lot of the same missionaries as me, so we were able to talk about a lot. He's a good missionary, who simply wants to be obedient and work hard. Can't ask for more than that!
Saturday we had a good lesson with our investigator Sheila. We had planned to stop by her saturday at 3, and saturday morning she texts us and asks us to come over at 3! It was a cool experience to help us know that we are having inspired planning sessions. We taught her the restoration and she is super solid. She's knows that the Book of Mormon is true, knows that Joseph Smith is a prophet, and is excited to be baptized on June 22nd! She came to church yesterday too! She has a 16 and a 10 year old daughters, who have come across some anti mormon literature, but her testimony is unwavering. She was very depressed about her daughters finding that material, and almost didn't come to church. She did though, and told us after that every word spoken in church was what she needed to hear. She knows that it's all true, and is just amazing.
We've been able to teach some of our other investigators this week, but they're not progressing quite as well as Sheila. We are hoping to find some solid new investigators this week. We got a few referrals this weekend that we're excited about so it should be a good week!
That's about it for me. Love y'all and have a great week!
 
Love, Elder Jardine

No comments:

Post a Comment