This has been a pretty good week. We've been able to teach a lot of people, and have been having a lot of success. We are working with some really great families. The Green family is probably my favorite. They were tracted into shortly before I came into this area. It's a mom with 4 kids. Sister Green loves the gospel, and feels that we were an answer to her prayers. She has a basic understanding of the gospel, but her kids have a very limited knowledge. We're working on teaching them very simply so that it's easy for them to understand.
We are also working with a sister named Cynthia. Cynthia's husband is a member, but is in prison right now. She's investigated the church since 2003, loves it, and wants to be baptized. She says that something just always comes up that stops her from being baptized. The situation that is stopping her now is wants to wait until she finds out about her husbands court date before she's baptized. We're trying to help her understand just how important baptism really is and the blessings that can come from it. She is prepared and just needs to get dunked!
So we had zone conference this week and it was really good. President Sagers focused on Faith, and even though he has had 3 or 4 zone conferences on faith, I still learn everytime. That is what I love about the gospel. We truly never stop learning. At zone conference all of the departing missionaries bear their testimonies, and I had to bear mine! It was crazy! I didn't think that day would ever come. It's beginning to sink in that I really am going home soon. I'm not as scared as I was 6 months ago, but I still don't want my mission to end. I've learned so much, and I want to be able to continue to teach the Texas people the gospel, just not during the summer :P.
So we helped this elderly lady move this week. Her house was nasty! You know that show hoarders? Well it wasn't that bad, but it was going in that direction. It was really sad. She doesn't really have any family or friends nearby, and she's pretty overweight so she can't walk around very much. She pretty much completely relied on us to move her. We got 2 other companionships to help us, and over the past 2 weeks we have packed up most of her stuff, then loaded it all into the truck. We got as much as we possibly could in the truck, but there was still tons of stuff left in her house. She was forclosed on and moved to Alabama to be with family. She had so much junk that she didn't need, but couldn't let any of it go. It was sad, really.
Anyways that's about it for this week. Hopefully someone loves me and will write me an email, especially because y'all had an extra day since I didn't get to email yesterday :P
haha just messin' around,
Love, Elder Jardine
No comments:
Post a Comment