Our first baptism was this saturday!!! It was so awesome. Our investigator was super excited to be baptized, and his whole family came to see him baptized, then came to church to see him confirmed the next day! He chose me to baptize him too, so I got to whip out the white pants and tie! So that was the headline news, but this whole week has been sweet. On wednesday Elder Whittier and I helped an investigator build a chicken coop, and he told us that all organized religion is corrupt and that if you go back far enough our church has corruption too. He's kind of crazy, but we're hoping he'll come around. Then the next day we taught an awesome first lesson to this guy, then we find out that he was drunk, which explains why he started crying about 3 times. That was sweet. We tracted into this couple about a week ago, and left them a Book of Mormon, and a restoration pamphlet. We came back friday to teach them, and the husband had read the pamphlet and said that the Joseph Smith story was fantastic, and we talked more about the restoration and he's excited to delve into the Book of Mormon, so I'm excited to continue teaching them. Later friday we were tracting and on the same street we got five new investigators, and like 3 return appointments. Then of course saturday was the baptism! Sunday after church we went and taught this young couple, the restoration again, and they were way into it. They both said that they felt the spirit, the wife got chills while we were talking! We're gonna turn Joshua into baptism central I can feel it!
So these pics are from the baptism, the first one is chris and his family along with my companion and I. Then it's Chris and me. Also I need a favor, find out if anyone wants to hear from me, then get some addresses and mail them to me please and thank you. Preferably by next pday :)

No comments:
Post a Comment