Elder Jardine

Elder Jardine

Monday, January 23, 2012

Jan 23

So we're emailing in the afternoon because we spent the whole day playing basketball, chair soccer, and brody ball! to answer your questioning face brody ball is like ultimate frisbee, but you play with a football, and the goal is the basketball hoop. Almost the whole zone was there and it was lots of fun. Let's see, this week I went on two exchanges. The first was with Elder Harper and we had a good lesson with a less-active guy and his wife. We're gonna try to get in and start teaching his wife, she has done some research on the church because of her husband and had read the Book of Mormon. Now all we need to do is get her to feel the spirit. The other exchange was with Elder Foust, who is our zone leader and followed me from Fort Worth. We served around each other for like 4 months, so we knew each other really well and it was lots of fun. I found out that the day before I left Joshua Elder Whittier and him broke up a dog fight @ a members home and Elder Whittier pinned down a half lab half wolf huge dog. The way he described it, it sounding totally epic! I'm glad I wasn't there because I probably would have just like freaked out or something. We got a new ward mission leader this week! He has a vision on how the members are going to start finding us people to teach, because that is where so much success comes from. The members in Denton are awesome, and are always looking for ways to help us, but y'all are right that it's not my favorite area. I know that this is where the Lord needs me right now, so I'm not about to complain about it. A member did offer to host a cottage meeting type deal at their house. We'll go around handing out flyers to their neighbors and then share a spiritual message and the members are going to make dinner. It's a couple weeks away, but I'm excited to see how it works out. Oh Elder Johnson has been sick all week, he thinks that he might have strep throat, so we may be going to the doctor this week, who knows. If I don't finish the reply tell Heidi Birch thank you for the letter.
      Love, Elder Jardine

No comments:

Post a Comment