Elder Jardine

Elder Jardine

Friday, March 30, 2012

March 19

This week has been interesting. Monday night we had an awesome lesson with Jennifer. We taught the Plan of Salvation and she said that it made a lot of sense and it answered her questions involving what happens after death. We talked to her later in the week to follow up on her Book of Mormon reading and she had been reading in Alma and it answered a question from the Bible that she had prayed about like a week earlier. Tuesday we had a lesson with Shane and Bailey talking about the Book of Mormon. Our exchange bore powerful testimony of the Book of Mormon and we could tell that it touched their hearts. right as we were getting ready to leave Bailey brought up Kolob which could have been bad, but our exchange addressed it really well saying that it's basically a metaphor for wanting to be closer to God. Wednesday we were in a trio with Elder Fibke! He was with us for the day because of comp. exchanges with a trio or something like that I'm not really sure. Anyways we went to go see an excommunicated member and we ended up walking out of his house with hostess cupcakes, oreos, and like two 2 liter sodas. He's a super nice guy, he's just had a rough past. Thursday Elder Johnson went to a leadership training and I was with Elder Wallis for the day. Pretty average day up until we were on our way back to the apartment and I biffed it hard core on my bike! As we were going down a hill I answered the phone and the next thing I know I'm rolling on the ground with the bike flying over me! It was super intense and awesome. I'm ok though, and was wearing my helmet, so don't freak out. I did walk away with a pretty big headache and some sore muscles but nothing I couldn't shake off in a day or two. The worst part was that I wasn't on my bike! It was Elder Fibke's who left it @ our apartment for the day because of the leadership training. The crash bent his front tire pretty bad, but luckily he's going home a week and in a car so he wasn't mad at all. He was just worried about me. Elder Wallis gave me a triple A+ for my crash though, so I'm assuming it was a pretty good looking crash. Speaking of bikes can y'all put some money in my checking account, my bike pedal is broken again and I had to take it to the bike shop and I'm not sure how much money I have in my account. Anyways friday nothing to exciting happened but Saturday we had one of the priests come out with us in the morning and tract with us. He actually ended up running into one of his friends from school which was really cool. He loved the experience and already wants to do it again. Sunday Elder Johnson and I gave talks in sacrament! I talked on the doctrine of Christ. It was pretty good. We didn't have any investigators at church though :( which means that Jennifers baptism date is going to need to be moved back because inv. need to be at church multiple times before they are baptized. We also had another lesson with Shane and Bailey talking mainly about priesthood authority. Bailey is starting to read the Book of Mormon but we're still working on Shane. That's pretty much everything that happened this week and I feel like this is a decent sized email so hopefully y'all are happy! :P OH and this time next week we'll know transfers! man this has been a fast 6 weeks. Anywho love y'all!!
   Elder Jardine

No comments:

Post a Comment