So before I start I wasn't at the library yet when I sent you that email mom, I was at the office in the apt. comp. waiting for a missionary to finish a phone conference for some college stuff and just wanted to send a little insentive to get an email.
i"M GETTING TRANSFERED!!!!!!!! I'm going to the southern end of the mission in Waco and I'm super excited!!! I'll be with Elder Nance and we're white washing in!! That means that we're both going in at the same time, so neither of us will have any idea of anything that's going on, kind of like when I first got into the field with Elder Whittier. I'm in a car too. I'll be greatful for the a/c but I think I'll miss the feeling of accomplishment you get when you ride your bike places. Elder Nance is from Kaysville, UT! So ya I'm pretty stoked!!!!!!!!
Anyways this has been a good week. Tuesday we were planning on having a lesson with Jennifer at the bishops house and we accidently offended one of her member friends by telling the friend that there would be to many people in the lesson. That was no bueno! the friend, sis x we'll call her (just in case she ever finds this) sent a long email to the bishop saying that she had been working with her friend for a long time and that she feels left out and all this stuff, so the bishop called us and told us, and right after we told her there would be to many people we tried calling her back to tell her that we changed our mind because we did want her there. So the bishop invited her and Jennifer ended up cancelling anyways! Ya it was a mess, but we apoligized to sis x and had a lesson with Jennifer in her home thursday and it was all ok. Jennifer is doing good too. We invited her to pray about being baptized on April 14th, but she didn't come to church yesterday so we're going to have to push it back again :(
So tuesday afternoon we're out tracting in an apt. comp. and this guy walks into his apartment and we passed him by without talking to him, which was bad, anways we're walking up some stairs and he's like "hey guys" so we turn around and he's walking out of his apt. holding a Book of Mormon! He says "I just got this, can y'all come over and teach me more about it" How sick is that!!! He ordered it from a tv commercial and we're gonna go back this week and share the restoration with him. We were also able to have a lesson with Josh and Anika tuesday evening. Josh brought up the concern that Anika has no idea who Jesus Christ is or what he has done for us. So we're gonna start watching the bible videos on lds.org with her. Tuesday was an intense day!!
Wednesday we had a lesson with Shane and Bailey. Bailey is starting to read more of the Book of Mormon! She's liking it more and more too. Shane feels like he needs to read more of the Bible before he can read the Book of Mormon, but we'll work through that. Saturday we had another cool experience on our way to see a member. This guy was trying to get a weed eater started and was having no luck at all, so we tried helping him. Neither of us could get it started and he had to have his lawn cleaned up by 5 o'clock or his landlord was gonna freak out. He was living in the house with some roommates and none of them were home. We made some calls and were able to get a weed eater and lawn mower from a member and we mowed his lawn for him. He was super appreciative as was his roommate when he got back. We have a return appointment to share more of the gospel with him this saturday! Their names are Charles and Kyle. Kyle is pretty open to any religion and Charles is super active in a nondenominational church. It was a cool experience though.
Oh I got a letter from Demi saturday, That is probably the funniest story that I have ever heard from her if I do say so myself, it's great!!!!!!!
That's about it for this week, I'm super excited to be going down to WACO!!! my new address is
1700 Breezy apt. #298
Waco, TX 76712
Love, Yall - Elder Jardine
No comments:
Post a Comment