Elder Jardine

Elder Jardine

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

November 19


This has been a great week! Tuesday we were stopping by a pot. investigator to set up a return appointment with him, and he let us in right then! We taught him the first lesson, but there were a lot of distractions. We're going back tomorrow to watch the restoration dvd with him, which should eliminate some of the distractions. OH remember how monday I said that I wasn't feeling well? We're pretty sure that I had the stomach flu! I felt super sick and miserable. It was so much so that I couldn't go out and work monday night, so we tried some venezualen healing and it must have worked because by tuesday morning I was pretty much back to normal! We took pics but Elder Lovato forgot to bring his camera in so I'll send them next week. Also on tuesday Elder Bowen from the quorum of the 70 came and spoke to us. It was so cool, I have never been rebuked so kindly before! He taught about the abrahamic covenant, the house of Israel, and the oath and covenant of the Priesthood. He said that he was teaching us these things because if we truly understood who we are, and where we came from, we wouldn't be disobedient. It was super good.
Thursday we had an awesome lesson with Larry. We made him this calendar of the rest of the year, and marked each day with 5 verses for him to read until the end of the year. We also invited him to pray and select a day to be baptized then mark it on the calendar! He thought it was a great idea and he's totally going to be baptized!!
So saturday we were biking down the road and I was shot in the leg.............no seriously I was..................by an airsoft gun :P. Some teenagers were drivin past in a truck and shot at Elder Lovato and missed, then got me right in the leg. That's the first time that I've been shot by an airsoft gun in like 5 years, it actually kinda hurt. We also had a really good lesson with Charity, who used to meet with the Sister missionaries, but moved into our area. She's not to excited about the church change, but we're gonna set her up with some awesome fellowshippers and she's going to do well.
Have y'all gotten my letter with those college essays in them? I didn't have time to type them, so I printed, wrote, then mailed them to y'all. Also a member offered to take us to the temple, and we can go if we get permission and rearrange our preperation day, so y'all might be hearing from me this friday instead of next monday, just a heads up. Have a great week!
 
Love y'all!
 Elder Jardine

No comments:

Post a Comment