Elder Jardine

Elder Jardine

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

October 29


So this was kind of a long week. We were able to see the Dumbles twice, but they no longer have baptismal dates. They don't feel ready, but we think there is a hidden concern that we haven't found yet. They are such great people, with great spirits, and I know that they will love the gospel as they come to embrace it. We also met with Larry and committed him to live the Word of Wisdom. I know that as he lives God's commandments the Lord will bless him with answers to his prayers. I got new scripture covers wednesday!!! They are super legit. I'm going to send pictures. There is a member in the spanish ward who does leather designs, and I had him do my scriptures. I thought it would be the perfect texas souvenior (sp) They are so cool. So we were talking with the Dumbles yesterday and they mentioned something about studying really hard when you start school next September, and I realized that I really will be starting school then!!!!!!! It was a serious reality check that totally freaked me out!! My mission is 2/3 of the way over!!!!! I'm to young for this! it's just super crazy. Time truely does fly in the service of the Lord.
 
I'm sorry to hear about grandma Jean dying. I did read that in the email, but I guess it just didn't really click in my head.
 
I realized sunday that we have been working with a fair few less active members in this area, which is something that I haven't done very much of on my mission. It's been interesting. Hopefully we'll be able to start teaching their friends once we reactivate them!
 
So I don't know how it was brought up, but I know what I want for Christmas this year. I'm telling you early because it could take some time. I want a big photo album full of pics of family and friends. Extended family, community friends, like everybody. Get on my facebook and ask for pics. I don't know if I'm just getting trunky or what, but I think that would be really cool. (If you don't know what trunky means, just ask the missionaries) Anyways that's all I got this week.
 
Love y'all!
  Elder Jardine

No comments:

Post a Comment