Elder Jardine

Elder Jardine

Thursday, May 31, 2012

April 23


This has been an awesome week. Tuesday after district meeting I went on exchange with Elder Munsee of the Hillsboro branch, and we worked in my area. I finally found someone who has read all the same books as me! :D lol. It was a good exchange though, we did a lot of tracting and were going to have a lesson at the church, but the guy never showed :(. Can't get them all though. Wednesday and Friday we had lessons with Bryanna and Travis, and they are doing awesome! Friday we watched the restoration dvd and after the movie Travis said that he felt this comfort that he couldn't really explain. We testified to him that it was the spirit. They were going to come to church sunday, but we failed and gave them bad directions to the church so they ended up at the wrong one! We visited them sunday night and Travis said that the church just didn't feel right, and he knew it wasn't ours. it was a bummer, but there's always next week! Sunday after church we met with a new investigator Calvin, and he's just awesome. he's a very humble guy who's kids have changed his life. Him and his wife have been trying to find a church, and have not been successful so far. We set a baptismal date with him for May 19th!!! We're meeting with his wife along with him this week and we're super stoked to continue with that. Oh friday we had a youth who just put his mission papers in come out on exchange with us, and when he was dropping us off we had a cool little testimony builder meeting in his car with him. We told him just about the feelings of a mission and helped him understand that a mission changes people more than they can always see. I know that I'm definitally not the same person who I left as, and I know that I have changed for the better. I love my mission and I never want to stop doing missionary work! Love y'all have a great week
   -Elder Jardine

No comments:

Post a Comment