We had a baptism this week!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was so awesome! Her name is Samantha Spence. We've been teaching her for a few weeks now and her husband is a LA member who is coming back into activity. We actually tracted into them which was really cool. So we had zone conference friday and after zone conference we were on our way to see Samantha and Marc (the la) and Samantha texted us saying "I'm not going to be baptized, I dont feel comfortable being baptized in the font" (side note, she wanted to be baptized in a river but President Sagers said no) we were already on our way so we just ignored the text and went to go see them. We had an awesome lesson with them on the importance of baptism and that it doesnt matter where we are baptized as long as it's by the priesthood authority. After the lesson she said, "Give me 30 min, and I'll let y'all know what I'm doing." We went home and prayed, then set out to work and she texted us saying that she was ready and was just going to pretend it was a river!! It was so fantastic!! I know that the spirit testified to her of the message as we were speaking and that the spirit told her the message was true. Her brother-in-law baptized and confirmed her and it was all just amazing! The Lord truly answers prayers and is leading this work.
Another cool spiritual experience was with our investigators Travis and Bryanna. We went over to their home saturday night and had planned on teaching the beginning of the Plan of Salvation. When we started talking though we both felt prompted to teach about the sabbath day. Bryanna had just recently gotten a job at a baptist church working in the day care sundays and wasn't going to be able to come to church. When we taught keeping the sabbath day holy she said " I didn't know we weren't supposed to work on sundays, I guess I'm going to have to quit." So she did! and they came to church the next day!! There are just so many blessings coming in!! I know that just as Samantha did Bryanna also felt the spirit and it was nothing that we said, it was the spirit working within her to cause her to quit and come to church. The Lord knows our hearts and he will bless us as we are obedient and follow his counsel.
Other than those 2 great experiences we are just working with some new investigators who we have found this last week. We met with a few people once, and have return appointments for this coming week. Hopefully they will continue to learn and start to progress!
So I'm sending some pics of 2 pair of my pants, could y'all take them to missionary mall and see if they will replace them? the one that is completely ripped I have sewn up a few times, but it's just not holdin up. Also mom you said something about a package this week? I haven't gotten it yet so I just thought I'd see if I should have gotten it by now, or if you know where it is or whatnot. Thank y'all very much and have a great week!
Love, Elder Jardine
No comments:
Post a Comment