This was an awesome week! Elder Ramage was told about this form of tracting where we pray about a street, go to the street, and only knock one door. We've been looking for new finding activities so we decided to try it. Tuesday evening was our first attempt and we nailed it. We prayed, picked out a street corner and decided to try one house on each street. The first house didn't answer, but the second house a woman named Rosie answered. All I could say was "Hi, We're missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints" and we were in the home. She was taking care of an older gentleman at the time, and even though we focused more on her, he was listening and asked for an audio copy of the Book of Mormon. We had a return appointment with her for this last thursday but her truck broke down so we weren't able to meet with her. She's 50 days clean and was about to relapse when we knocked on her door. Rosie is elect!
Wednesday we met with Gavin Green. He is a 9 year old who's grandmother brings him to church every week, along with his older sister and cousins. It wasn't until about 3 weeks ago that we even knew that he hadn't been baptized. He has a baptismal date for September 1st, this saturday! We're combining it with a child of record baptism that is also going on, so there is going to be lots of ward support there. We're teaching him wednesday evening, and he is also going to be interviewed then. The baptism is going to be at 10:00 a.m. saturday the 1st. It's so exciting! Between the child of record baptism, our baptism, and 2 baptisms in the first ward the font is going to be filled all day!!
Those are our two big new investigators that we found, we tried to teach Sherrell and Lonnie this week, but were never able to set anything up with them. People are being prepared all over Hewitt, we just need to seek and trust that the Lord will tell us where to go. Pray like it's all up to the Lord, work like it's all up to you.
So I had my first district meeting this week, and it went quite well if I do say so myself. Everyone said that they really liked it, but missionaries have to say stuff like that. District meetings are 90 minutes long, and I was worried that I wouldn't be able to fill all of the time, but I ended up having to cut some stuff! It was pretty legit. So the district leader has to interview people before they are baptized, and the spanish sisters set a baptismal date for the 8th of September, so my first baptismal interview might be with someone who doesn't speak english! Oh the joys of leadership... Other than the idea of that my district leader duties are going quite well.
Well that's about it for me this week. Speaking of Will though, you should tell him to write me, I'm pretty sure I wrote him at least twice while I was out, and he's only written me once, my first day in the MTC.
Love y'all
-Elder Jardine
No comments:
Post a Comment