Elder Jardine

Elder Jardine

Monday, October 1, 2012

Oct 1


This has been a really good week. We met with Brian and Joyce and they're awesome! We taught the Plan of Salvation and answered a lot of Joyces questions, and caused Brian to think about a lot of things. They also came to church this sunday and said that they really liked it. They even offered to feed us dinner tuesday! They're so cool! We're going to have a lesson with them afterwords and plan on inviting them to be baptized on October 27th. We also met with a new investigator named Lisa, who had been taught before and even came to church before. She was a little hesitant at first, but as we taught her the doctrine she warmed up a lot. By the time we shared the 1st vision, her attitude had completely changed. It was so cool to see! "True doctrine, understood, changes attitude and behavior quicker than the study of behavior changes behavior"-Pres. Boyd K. Packer. it's so true!! Also I'm pretty impressed with myself because as I was typing that quote I also thought of like 3 other quotes from Preach My Gospel, but I don't think I have them quite memorized, but it means that I'm learning! This gospel is true! Idk about y'all but I'm super excited for conference this week. We also met with Sister Lucas (la) who has a son who hasn't been baptized. We're trying to reactive her before we baptize her son, because we don't want to baptize him into inactivity. That's not going to help him very much. Saturday it rained all day, that was pretty sweet. I found an umbrella in our apartment, so I rocked an umbrella and the rain coat that I found in my first area. Go hand-me-downs! Other than that we've just been biking away trying to find new investigators and having the times of our lives!
 
Unfortunately we got a call this morning and Elder Vickers is needed down in Coppera's Cove 1st ward, so he'll be leaving tomorrow morning. My new companion is going to be Elder Lovato, who is spanish, but speaks fluent english. I'm pretty stoked for him to teach me some spanish!
 
 
That's all I got this week,
 Love y'all
   Elder Jardine

No comments:

Post a Comment