Elder Jardine

Elder Jardine

Monday, October 1, 2012

Sept 17


David Deatherage was baptized this week! He is 10, was adopted by a family in the ward, and is super cool. It's funny I had actually met his family before I got to Watauga. Their parents live in the Joshua ward, and has us over for thanksgiving last year, and I met them there. Small world.
 
Anyhoot so Watauga is pretty awesome. The weather has been beautiful this last week. Cloudy and the highest it got was probably like 80 degrees. There has been a little bit of rain, but nothing bad at all. It's fun being on a bike again. This is the first area that I've come into where we actually had investigators, which is a nice change. I've met almost all of them, but there are still a few more that I have yet to meet. We taught Rachel who is a PM, and has been taught pretty much all the lessons. She said that now she just needs to do it, which I agree with. Apparently she has a hard time getting to church because of work, but I know that if she puts her trust in the Lord, he will provide her a way to get there! We also taught Larry, who is another PM. He had a baptismal date at one point, but didn't feel ready. We're trying to show him that he is ready, and that the Lord isn't always going to give us a billboard answer that the Book of Mormon is true. He's a good guy though and comes to church like every week, even if his wife (who's a member) has to work.
 
Other than that we've just been workin' on finding new investigators. We found some potentials, who hopefully we'll be able to start teaching this week. My companions name is Elder Vickers, and he's from Nampa Idaho. He's a really good guy, but really quiet. It's a big change from my last companion, who liked to talk a lot lol. I'm not used to being the one that has to try to carry conversation, but I like it. It's going to help me grow and become a better conversationalist.
 
Hey dad, what do you do for work? I've been meaning to ask you for like 6 months now but I always forget in my emails. All I know is that you travel a lot. What are you traveling for?
 
Well I think that's all I got this week, I am going to send a pic of the baptism though
 
Love y'all!
  Elder Jardine

No comments:

Post a Comment