This week started out looking well, but the weekend kind of shot us down a little. We had a possibility of 8 people at church this sunday but no one came, which is always a bummer. Our investigator Sherrie is having a hard time too. She relapsed on her coffee and doesn't feel that she's ready to be baptized, and she had a date for this saturday. I don't think that she's ready either, but I know that she is close and if she'll read from the Book of Mormon, then she will be ready.
The Zambrano family are still doing well. The parents have family coming into town the 1st or 2nd week of March so they are postponing the wedding until then, but they want the kids to be baptized this weekend. The ward loves the family and things are looking really good for them. Unfortunately they slept in and didn't make it to church yesterday, but they've committed to coming to stake conference this sunday, and it's not until 10 so they'll get an extra hour of sleep.
We have been teaching Chris since I got to Denton, and he's always been willing to listen, but hasn't been the best at keeping commitments. This past week though something has changed in him. He has made a point to read the Book of Mormon every day, and wants to be baptized. He has a baptismal date for March 17th, which we're really looking forward to. He has some Word of Wisdom problems, but I know that he has the strength to overcome them.
We also found Bruce this week. He is an older gentleman who feels the need to come closer to God. He wants to be baptized and we set a date with him also for March 17th. He didn't make it to church yesterday because he wasn't feeling well. The only problem that I see with him is that his family isn't very supportive of the church. We'll cross that bridge if it becomes a problem though.
I went on exchange with Elder Hendricks this week, who is one of the 18 year olds! This is his first transfer out and he's a great missionary. He's not afraid to talk to anyone and we talked with everyone! His excitement and passion for missionary work helped to stoke the flames of my passion for missionary work, which is why I love new missionaries so much. There is nothing like the "greenie fire" that everyone talks about. I wish that everyone could hold onto that "greenie fire" throughout their mission.
Well that's about all I got for this week. All of my letters seem the same, and it's because they are haha. Well hopefully I'll get an email from y'all and if not I'll just have 2 to read next week :D. Have a wonderful week and tell Madi that I say happy birthday tomorrow!
Love, Elder Jardine
No comments:
Post a Comment