Elder Jardine

Elder Jardine

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Feb 25


So my new companion Elder Taylor is pretty cool. He's from Delta, Utah, which is an hour outside of Nephi. Basically he's way out in the sticks. About the Navoo trip, I was talking to some members in our ward who served a senior mission in Navoo and they said that the best time to go is in July or beginning of August because of the Navoo pageant and other events that go on during that time. The end August everyone starts to leave.
We had a Chili Cook-Off this saturday which was pretty fun. There was tons of Chili and a decent amount of desserts, along with some funny thrown together entertainment. I was hoping that the missionaries were going to judge the chili's and desserts, but alas it was not meant to be this time around. We got to go to the temple friday!!!! It was so amazing. All of the zone leaders in the mission went together for ZLC. That was the first time that I've gone to the temple since the MTC. The meeting that we had after was really good too, but I think that the highlight of my week was going to the temple.
This has been a pretty good week. Sherrie is still coming along well. She didn't come to church and didn't have an excuse, she was just being lazy. She has already committed to come this week though. On a brighter note she came to the ward social saturday night and fit right in. She's pretty outgoing and willing to talk to people, and the members who know her really like her.
Chris is doing well. He still has a desire to be baptized on March 16th, but hasn't shown much committment as far as church attendance. We called him sunday morning to see if he was coming and he said that he was, then never showed. We have an appt. with him tonight and are going to find out why he wasn't there and teach him the importance of the sabbath day.
The Zambranos are doing better. We had a lesson with them and found some of their concerns. The main one is that they felt that everything was just moving to fast, which I can understand because it was, but at the same time they are such a solid family that we just wanted them to have the blessings of the gospel so bad! We'll keep nudging them in the right direction though and I know that they will come around and be baptized. We just need to get the parents married first.
I thought that Al had a good understanding of the restoration and where the Book of Mormon came from, but we had a lesson with him last night and we were shown otherwise. I still fail to grasp at times the magnificence of the message that we share. I know that Al has been taught the restoration and where the Book of Mormon came from multiple times, but I think that it is just so different that a lot of people just can't wrap their heads fully around it. We're going to try to teach very simply so that there is no misunderstanding as to what happened with the restoration.
As always though we're spending a lot of time finding. We're trying to vary our finding activities so that we don't get stuck in a rut and I believe that it's going to pay off.
Well I think that's all that I have to report this week. I love y'all and hope that you have a wonderful week!
Love, Elder Jardine

No comments:

Post a Comment