Well transfers have come and gone and........................... ....................Elder Smith got transferred!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Elder Smith was actually called to be the new assistant to the president, so he got picked up on sunday for training. I spent most of sunday with one of the priests, then met up with another missionary companionship to stay the night with, and I'll be with them until wednesday. Luckily this is a pretty easy transfer in our zone, because the zone leaders have to coordinate all the rides with the other zones and whatnot, and I've never done it before so it would have been crazy, but only 2 people are leaving from my zone, so it was pretty easy.
My new companion is Elder Taylor. I've talked to him a few times and he's super cool. He came out with me so we're a couple of young bucks :P. I know he's from Utah but I can't remember where in Utah.
Before I forget Navoo sounds like it would be pretty fun. I wrote Kyle once and he hasn't written me back. I got a letter from Blaine, who worked at the theater, and he's engaged! Crazy!!
This week has been pretty crazy. The Zambrano call us right before their baptismal interview saying that they feel like everything is moving to fast and that they need more time to think about things. Their whole extended family is catholic and we think they got talking and guilt tripped them about leaving the catholic church. It's super heart breaking because they are an awesome family who love the church, but hopefully they can get over the family drama and understand that the fulness of the gospel is in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
Sherrie is doing well though. She has recommitted to live the Word of Wisdom and we're hoping that within the next few weeks she'll feel ready to be baptized.
Chris is awesome too! He loves whenever we come over and is fascinated with the vision of the tree of life in 1st Nephi. He loves reading about that and seeing the real world application to it. He has a baptismal date for March 17th and will totally be ready for it as long as he can live the world of wisdom.
We had to drop Bruce unfortunately. His family doesn't like the church, and his wife told us that he has some mental health problems. I was kind of suprised that she said that, but at the same time could kind of see it. We don't want to cause any family contention so hopefully the families hearts will be softened one day.
So sunday we had stake conference and it was a special broadcast from Salt Lake to all of Texas, Oklahoma, and New Mexico I think. There were some really good talks and overall it was pretty exciting.
So this past transfer I lost like 20 lbs! one of my goal for 2013 is to loose 100 lbs. Hopefully we'll get to do some more biking this coming transfer then we did last transfer and I can get some good exercise going!
Thanks for all the pics that you sent those were pretty cool. I can't believe how much everyone has grown it's crazy! The pic of gma's sister and daughter, is that Ellie standing right in front of Angie? It doesn't even look like her!!
That is a sweet facebook update that Hayden posted last sunday. He's a stud and is going to be a great missionary! Keep going out on exchange with the missionaries Hayden, I wish that I had done that when I was back home, and whenever priests come out with us now, the lessons are always better.
Well that's about it for this week, hope y'all have a wonderful week and don't forget to mail the package! haha
Love, Elder Jardine
No comments:
Post a Comment